|| Klapperkop Bulk Water Supply Project
|| City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality
|| Tshwane, South Africa
|| R100 million
Design and construction monitoring for the Klapperkop Bulk Water Supply project.
- 11 km of welded steel bulk water pipeline
- Hydraulic analysis including surge analysis and alleviation
- Structural analysis and design including finite element analysis
- Welding to API 1104
- Project includes the largest application worldwide of a Clayton Tyton control valve. The valve will monitor and control flow in the supply pipeline and eliminate upstream surge under rapid closure conditions.
- Cathodic protection of pipeline via an impressed 10 Amp, forced drainage unit
- Rehabilitation of sinkholes along the pipeline route